Take an introductory course (CSC-103 – CSC-107) as soon as possible.
The intros are:
- CSC-103 Introduction to Computational Science
- CSC-104 Robots Rule!
- CSC-105 Game Development
- CSC-106 Can Computers Think?
- CSC-107 Creative Computing
2. Take MTH-197 Discrete Math as soon as possible. This course can be taken before Calculus. It must be taken as a pre- or co-requisite for the second CS course, CSC-150, and is only offered in the winter term. It may be taken concurrently with an introductory CS course. MTH-197 is the only math requirement for the CS part of a CS ID (inter-departmental) major.
3. CS majors must fulfill the Gen Ed natural science with lab requirement by taking a course for science majors (in Physics, Geology, Chemistry, Biology, or Environmental Science).