my first sorority formal!

Nov 21 by

The last weekend of school before finals week kicked into high gear, Delta Delta Delta held its first formal! Considering I have only been a sister for a short period of time, I had never been to a sorority formal, but I was so excited. From what I had been told, Delta’s formals were like prom, or homecoming, in high school. That description was entirely accurate. It was to be expected, though – what girl doen’t love to dress up for an occasion?! Us Deltas sure do. Our dates, on the other hand, weren’t super thrilled with the concept of having to also dress to the occasion. Oh well! Our formal was held downtown at Clinton’s Ditch, where the staff was incredibly¬†accommodating, responsible and made for a wonderful evening. Definitely one of my favorite memories at Union to date!

anna, me and corey!

my beautiful big, amanda, and i!

me with some of my new sisters, aubri, haley and kim!

Maura is a junior from Manchester-by-the-Sea, Massachusetts, a small town north of Boston on Cape Ann. She is an intern in the College's Communications Office, where she runs a blog and writes articles for the website - look for the Maura Driscoll '15 byline! Maura is also a member of the Delta Delta Delta Beta Psi sorority here on campus. Additionally, she is on the Student Conduct Committee, as well as the Fraternity and Sorority Judiciary Board. She is pursuing a Psychology major and Spanish minor, and hopes to someday use her education in a career linking psychology and public relations. A severe theatre addict, Maura was president of her drama program in high school and has been performing since the age of seven. She is also a fan of Boston sports teams (particularly the Celtics), Law and Order: Special Victims Unit, quoting movies, holidays, Harry Potter, naps, nostalgia, organization and sushi. This fall, she will be abroad in York, England!

Latest posts by Maura '15 (see all)