my first sorority formal!

Nov 21 by

The last weekend of school before finals week kicked into high gear, Delta Delta Delta held its first formal! Considering I have only been a sister for a short period of time, I had never been to a sorority formal, but I was so excited. From what I had been told, Delta’s formals were like prom, or homecoming, in high school. That description was entirely accurate. It was to be expected, though – what girl doen’t love to dress up for an occasion?! Us Deltas sure do. Our dates, on the other hand, weren’t super thrilled with the concept of having to also dress to the occasion. Oh well! Our formal was held downtown at Clinton’s Ditch, where the staff was incredibly¬†accommodating, responsible and made for a wonderful evening. Definitely one of my favorite memories at Union to date!

anna, me and corey!

my beautiful big, amanda, and i!

me with some of my new sisters, aubri, haley and kim!

Maura is a senior from Manchester-by-the-Sea, Massachusetts, a small town north of Boston on Cape Ann. She is an intern in the College's Communications Office, where she runs a blog and writes articles for the website - look for the Maura Driscoll '15 byline! Maura is also the Collegiate Alumni Relations Chair of the Delta Delta Delta, Beta Psi sorority here on campus. Last fall, she studied abroad in York, England! Now, as a senior, she is also on the Senior Gift Committee, responsible for giving and the planning of senior week. Additionally, she is on the Student Conduct Committee, as well as the Fraternity and Sorority Judiciary Board. She is pursuing a Psychology major and Spanish minor, and hopes to attend law school post-grad. A severe theatre addict, Maura was president of her drama program in high school and has been performing since the age of seven. She is also a fan of Law and Order: Special Victims Unit, quoting movies, holidays, Harry Potter, naps, nostalgia, organization and sushi.

Latest posts by Maura '15 (see all)