It’s only my first full weekend back at the U and there is already so much I have to do! I’m actively trying to be better about balancing work with a little R&R this term… even if that means putting breaks for fun on my to-do list:
1. finish unpacking — I know, it’s so embarrassing, but I still haven’t finished unpacking! My poor housemates have been starring at a pile of suitcases in our common room as I struggle to make time to finally finish moving in for the winter. I have to finish unpacking, if not for my own sanity, at least for that of my housemates!
2. return library books — It’s no secret: I love the public library. Last weekend I rented the third book in the Hunger Games series hoping to read it in my free time. This week then begged the question, “What free time?!” Time to bring that puppy back to the SCPL… until next break, dear friend!
3. go to moe’s — Finally, something for my mental health (if not for my overall health, really…)! My friends are obsessed with the queso at Moe’s Southwest Grill. Even though I won’t eat the plastic cheese, I’m looking forward to taking the tasty trip with them!
4. do homework — I really wish I could be one of those people that doesn’t do any homework during the weekends, but that’s just never going to happen. I have embraced my craziness: I have always worked too hard and I will always work too hard.
5. catch up with friends! — This is without a doubt the most important item on my list. While there are always a million little things to get done and a billion assignments to be completed, nothing is more important than catching up with old friends and making new friends. At the end of the day, the rest doesn’t matter unless you have someone to share it with.
What does your weekend schedule look like? Anyone doing anything especially fun?!
The following two tabs change content below.
My name is Catherine Elizabeth Ziac (Cat, for short) and I am a senior at Union College in Schenectady, NY. When I'm not studying for my major in economics or my minor in Russian, you can find me skimming through catalogs, playing the flute, fishing, online window shopping, chatting with my sisters (my twin, Julia, studying physics at the California Institute of Technology in Pasadena, CA, or my little sister Maddy, currently a senior in high school), or out and about in good old Schenectady with my wonderful Union friends! I love pink nails, long showers, office supplies, and going to the public library. I spend too much time looking at blogs and skimming the WSJ online, but I still believe in the merits of a hand-written letter. I am always in the mood for yogurt and granola and am never without a piece of gum. I usually answer "blue" when asked my favorite color, but I know in my heart that it's always been and always will be garnet!