flu season

Jan 14 by

Well, it’s that time of year again! The flu has struck Union College and boy is it doing some damage. Almost everyone I know is either already sick, or they’re on their way there. In fact, Health Services even ran out of flu shots because of flu-fearing frenzied students looking to escape its wrath. Unfortunately for me, I wasn’t so lucky. Then again, I should have known it was coming. In my group of friends, my boyfriend’s roommate got it first, and from there it spread to the rest of us like wildfire. It was really only a matter of time. Wish me luck as I try to avoid leaving my bed at all costs for the foreseeable future! Wash those hands!
Maura is a junior from Manchester-by-the-Sea, Massachusetts, a small town north of Boston on Cape Ann. She is an intern in the College's Communications Office, where she runs a blog and writes articles for the website - look for the Maura Driscoll '15 byline! Maura is also a member of the Delta Delta Delta Beta Psi sorority here on campus. Additionally, she is on the Student Conduct Committee, as well as the Fraternity and Sorority Judiciary Board. She is pursuing a Psychology major and Spanish minor, and hopes to someday use her education in a career linking psychology and public relations. A severe theatre addict, Maura was president of her drama program in high school and has been performing since the age of seven. She is also a fan of Boston sports teams (particularly the Celtics), Law and Order: Special Victims Unit, quoting movies, holidays, Harry Potter, naps, nostalgia, organization and sushi. This fall, she will be abroad in York, England!

Latest posts by Maura '15 (see all)