Bill Nye the Science Guy! (Bill! Bill! Bill! Bill!)

Feb 27 by

I just got word that Union’s Winter Term Speaker will be none other than Bill Nye.  That’s right, plebes.  Bill Nye the Science Guy!  He’ll be speaking on March 13th at 6:30pm in the Memorial Chapel.

I, for one, am stoked about this.  The man’s a legend.  When I was in elementary school and the custodians wheeled the big, clunky TV ratchet-strapped to the metal cart into the room, you knew you were either going to watch Bill Nye or the Magic School Bus and it was going to be a good day.  As someone who was always better at English and history than math or science, I still have a great appreciation for science because of Bill Nye.  He taught us that science could be cool!  He was the original mythbuster!

Look at me, in college and cheesed about the man who taught me about electricity in elementary school coming to speak at my school.  Who wouldn’t be, though?

Cam '16

Cam Duval was born and raised in Framingham, Massachusetts, a town close to a half hour from both Worcester and Boston. Cam is a member of the Union College Class of 2016 and is majoring in Anthropology and minoring in the Russian Language. Cam is on WRUC 89.7FM Radio Union College executive board and lives in ARTS Theme House.

Latest posts by Cam '16 (see all)