#AIPAC2013

Mar 6 by

(from top, then left to right) We lobbied Congressman Paul Tonko yesterday on Capital Hill about closing certain loopholes in Middle East-related legislature. We ran a Union College-themed table for high school students about political activism on college campuses (and tried to get some recruits!). We listened to Union's very own Prof. Berk (right) speak on the history of the US-Israel relationship. We saw Vice President Joe Biden speak during Monday's opening plenary. We saw Union alumnus Rob Bassin (center) moderate a coffee table discussion about congressional trips to Israel.

This year’s AIPAC Policy Conference was truly tremendous! I couldn’t have asked for a more informative and inspiring three days in our nation’s capital. As a Catholic I was undoubtedly in the minority, but as a member of the Union College community I certainly was not! The trip was filled with more Union alumni and random Union connections than I ever could have anticipated considering the conference was nearly six times the size of our school… I reinforced two very important feelings during this trip: I love Israel and I LOVE Union College!