A Musical Weekend!

Mar 11 by

This weekend I had the opportunity to watch & enjoy multiple musical performances!

On Friday, I went to see Zakuro-Daiko (The Union College Japanese Drumming Ensemble) perform their winter concert, titled, A Celebration of WinterI saw them perform last year for the first time and remembered feeling completely pumped up and energized by their passion! This year was the same!

Below is a clip of Zakuro-Daiko performing the piece, “Narushima (Roaring Island)” originally composed/performed by Kodō (鼓童)/Basara:

Narushima (Roarnig Island) performed by Union College’s Zakuro-Daiko Japanese Drumming Ensemble

On Saturday, I went with the Black Student Union to see the musical, FELA! It was absolutely incredible!

Fela Kuti, was a Nigerian musician, composer, pioneer of Afrobeat music, and human rights activist! Hear a Fela Kuti song here!

Needless to say I had a great time and feel pretty musically-inspired!

What did you do this weekend?

x

Isabelle '15

Hi, I’m Isabelle! I’m currently a sophomore and declared English major here at Union College :-) I love to stay involved on campus! I’m the co-chair of the Black Student Union, the co-theme-house coordinator of Dickens House, I work in the Writing Center for 12 hours a week, and I am an active member of the Leadership in Diversity Council and the President's Liaison Committee On Diversity. I hope you all enjoy my posts & if you’re an incoming student to Union, feel free to ask me questions (my email is edwardsi@garnet.union.edu). xo

Latest posts by Isabelle '15 (see all)