study like a hockey player

Mar 18 by

Last weekend our Union Men’s Ice Hockey team crushed Dartmouth 5 to 2 at Messa Rink, securing a spot in the ECAC Hockey Semifinals. While the amazing game was a welcome study break for all as we headed into finals week, I realized that our beautiful hockey boys exemplified some key qualities that, if imitated, could help us all win this winter term finals season:

1. Prepare really well — For ten weeks your professors have been feeding you knowledge, setting you up to succeed. Like a hockey player waiting on the edge of his blades for the puck to drop, you have everything you need to anticipate the questions you might encounter on your final exam and how your professors are  expecting you to answer them.

2. HUSTLE! — Our hockey players are lightening fast! When it comes to studying for finals, don’t get overwhelmed, just get it done! All the intelligence in the world can’t make up for hard work.

3. Be gracious — At the end of the day, it’s all about learning. Our professors have put in just as much hard work as we have and we have to remember to be thankful for that. Sure, finals can be exhausting, but how lucky are we to have this awesome opportunity to study and devote four years of our lives to growing as people?! Forget your GPA; forget the scoreboard — college is a place that lets us all win.