A Very Early Mother’s Day Mistake

Apr 16 by

I was on the phone with my mom last week when she mentioned that she was getting a food processor for Mother’s Day. I obviously asked who told her they would be buying her a food processor (my two younger sisters, my dad, and I normally talk about what we’re all getting her ahead of time, so I was taken aback). She quickly responded that no one told her, she was telling us… Message received.

After calling my dad to double check that he knew (he didn’t), I got inspired to get my mom a different mother’s day present (that I can’t write on here because she sometimes maybe might happen to read my blog posts). Don’t worry, it’s fantastic. Anyway, I was impressed with myself for being so on top of things, bought the present right away, and then had a brilliant idea: since chances are that I won’t go home before Mother’s Day, I could send the present to her right away! An early mother’s day present for her, avoiding the “how do I mail this” panic for me. Perfect. Until I just got off the phone with my mom and realized that Mother’s Day is Steinmetz weekend, so I’ll be seeing her the day before and totally could have wrapped it and saved it.  Oh, well… it’s the thought (the really early, really brilliant thought) that counts!

Ceillie '13

Hi! I’m Ceillie! I moved from what I thought was a really small town (Watertown, CT) to an actually really small ‘village’ (Whitehall, NY) right before high school, so I already had two hometowns before Union and Schenectady became my home away from home! I’m now settled into my senior year, writing my thesis on Shakespeare and Sophocles for both of my majors, English and Classics. When I’m not in Schaffer library studying or working at the Writing Center, I love to watch terrible tv shows, read, write, laugh, and explore. I love when people say please and thank you, and I really love when they read about my day to day life at the U on Union Unfiltered!

Latest posts by Ceillie '13 (see all)