Anne Enright visits campus!

Apr 18 by

On Monday, Irish author (and recently one of my favorites…) came to campus to read from her latest novel The Forgotten Waltz, which received one of the first-ever Andrew Carnegie medals for Excellence in Literature.

I read this book last spring when I took Changing Ireland with Professor Bracken, and I absolutely loved it. Since then, I’ve read all of Enright’s other novels, and now I’m starting to read a few of her short stories.

I wrote about Enright’s visit for the Concordiensis, here!

Ceillie '13

Hi! I’m Ceillie! I moved from what I thought was a really small town (Watertown, CT) to an actually really small ‘village’ (Whitehall, NY) right before high school, so I already had two hometowns before Union and Schenectady became my home away from home! I’m now settled into my senior year, writing my thesis on Shakespeare and Sophocles for both of my majors, English and Classics. When I’m not in Schaffer library studying or working at the Writing Center, I love to watch terrible tv shows, read, write, laugh, and explore. I love when people say please and thank you, and I really love when they read about my day to day life at the U on Union Unfiltered!

Latest posts by Ceillie '13 (see all)