Victory Day

May 7 by

68 years ago, Nazi Germany surrendered to the Soviet Union during the Second World War. Today, Union’s Russian and East European Culture Club will be commemorating  May 9, 1945, known as День Победы, or Victory Day, in Russian, by serving a full Russian meal in Hale House from 6-8pm and hosting local Russian community members as well as a few esteemed Russian veterans. The event will include an introduction of the veterans, a brief lecture about the history of the day by Professor Stephen Berk of the Union College History Department, student-lead musical performances, and presentations by World War II Russian veterans and their friends and families. The event promises to be inspirational and the food promises to be delicious. All are cordially invited to attend this year’s Union College Victory Day celebrations: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 6-8pm, Hale House. Приходите! Come!