Obama followed me to Dakar

Jun 28 by

I scheduled my trip to visit Senegal about 3 month ago. I did not know that Obama had the same plans. He probably saw my blog post and decided to go there too. However, the fact that he followed me is not such a big deal then the fact that he  stayed two blocks away from where I am. He is such a stalker right? To make things worst, he visited all the places that I visited and stood right where I stood too.

He visited Goree island and stood by The Door of No Return.

I stood there before him and wrote my names on the walls. He probably saw my name on the walls there because I wrote it in big letters.  I am so happy that Obama is following my steps. That is such an honor for him.

PS: The door of No Return is where all the slaves regrettably embarked for America ( the continent) knowing that they will never come back home.

Mike '16

My name is Mike Stevenson Presendieu. I am a sophomore. I am originally from Haiti but I have lived in New York city for the past three years. I am a Political Science major, French minor and considering a Jewish studies minor as well. I am a brother of Chi Psi. So far, at Union, I have grew as a student and as a person. I became better student and a better person. I studied abroad in Senegal over the summer and it was a truly eye-opening experience. I am now aware of the world that surrounds me and the people who are part of this world. I am proud a Dutchman. Union'16. Go Greek.

Latest posts by Mike '16 (see all)