9/11 memorial

Sep 11 by

911 1

During my last week in the city, I had the opportunity to visit the 9/11 Memorial downtown. The memorial, albeit not entirely finished, was absolutely outstanding. The two pools where the North and South buildings used to stand were horrifyingly breathtaking and the vast number of names stenciled out of the surrounding panels left one awestruck by the myriad individuals killed that day. Perhaps the most lasting experience I had during that visit was stumbling upon a name on the southeast corner of the North Pool; it read “Dianna Lynn Galante and her Unborn Child.” As time inevitably moves forward from that day, it is important that memorials like these are available to teach children who weren’t even alive in 2001 that tragedies do happen and the undeserving sometimes suffer.  Today we not only remember those who died in the 9/11 attacks, but the countless individuals whose lives were forever changed that day.

911 2