Today I got the very exciting news that I have landed the internship I wanted for this summer! I have to say, being offered a dream job my first week back at Union was a very nice way to start off my first term back of junior year. Plus, I’m loving that internship hunting will no longer be a concern for the rest of the year! Such a relief.
Starting in June, I will be working with a program run by the District Attorney’s Office called the Essex County Child Abuse Project. I will be working as a team member with the Family Crimes and Sexual Assault Unit of my county alongside an Assistant District Attorney, a witness advocate, a State Police Officer, a medical official and ECCAP staff to investigate all claims of child abuse, both sexual and physical. Through this position, I will be working to help determine the best course of action for the child and family affected and helping to conduct interviews and investigations.
I could not be more excited to get to work with this wonderful organization doing such necessary and effective work! Is it June, yet?!
Latest posts by Maura '15 (see all)
- The 5 Most Important Things I’ve Learned Living Off-Campus - October 8, 2014
- my first stewart’s adventure - February 18, 2014
- Sign the petition encouraging Union to re-examine its off-campus release policy - February 17, 2014
- 21st! - February 11, 2014
- 5 best things about living in a sorority - January 28, 2014