employed!

Jan 14 by

Today I got the very exciting news that I have landed the internship I wanted for this summer! I have to say, being offered a dream job my first week back at Union was a very nice way to start off my first term back of junior year. Plus, I’m loving that internship hunting will no longer be a concern for the rest of the year! Such a relief.

Starting in June, I will be working with a program run by the District Attorney’s Office called the Essex County Child Abuse Project. I will be working as a team member with the Family Crimes and Sexual Assault Unit of my county alongside an Assistant District Attorney, a witness advocate, a State Police Officer, a medical official and ECCAP staff to investigate all claims of child abuse, both sexual and physical. Through this position, I will be working to help determine the best course of action for the child and family affected and helping to conduct interviews and investigations.

I could not be more excited to get to work with this wonderful organization doing such necessary and effective work! Is it June, yet?!

child abuse

Maura is a senior from Manchester-by-the-Sea, Massachusetts, a small town north of Boston on Cape Ann. She is an intern in the College's Communications Office, where she runs a blog and writes articles for the website - look for the Maura Driscoll '15 byline! Maura is also the Collegiate Alumni Relations Chair of the Delta Delta Delta, Beta Psi sorority here on campus. Last fall, she studied abroad in York, England! Now, as a senior, she is also on the Senior Gift Committee, responsible for giving and the planning of senior week. Additionally, she is on the Student Conduct Committee, as well as the Fraternity and Sorority Judiciary Board. She is pursuing a Psychology major and Spanish minor, and hopes to attend law school post-grad. A severe theatre addict, Maura was president of her drama program in high school and has been performing since the age of seven. She is also a fan of Law and Order: Special Victims Unit, quoting movies, holidays, Harry Potter, naps, nostalgia, organization and sushi.