Jenna the Therapy Dog

Feb 4 by

While there are countless things I love about being at Union and away from home, there’s one thing I always miss. My dog! Unfortunately my dog, Coco, passed away at the age of 10 on December 23, just one day after I arrived home from my term abroad in Rennes, France. This is the first time in my life that I haven’t had at least one dog waiting for me at home, and it’s extremely sad.

Coco

Coco

Coco!

Coco!

Luckily for me, Union has a Therapy Dog!! Jenna (check out her ‘staff’ bio) is a young golden doodle who hangs out in the Wicker Wellness Center on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. It’s always great to see Jenna playing with her toys or just lounging under a desk in the office.

Jenna and I!

Jenna and I!

Besides being available to students in the Wellness Center, thanks to Jenna’s arrival on campus a year or so ago, we now have therapy dog sessions during finals week! For a couple hours a day during finals week, you’ll find 6-10 dogs hanging out outside the library with their guardians waiting to comfort you! Even if you don’t have a dog at home, spending some quality time with a pup can really help you relax while stressing over finals and give you a little break between tests.

I’m missing my pup more than ever now, but it’s nice to be able to spend some time with furry friends around campus!

Somber Coco

Somber Coco

Coco getting a bath

Coco getting a bath

Jordan '15

Hi! My name is Jordan Pulling, an Environmental Science major and French double major with a minor in Environmental Engineering in Union College's class of 2015 hailing from the village of Old Forge in upstate New York. I have been in love with Union ever since my Dad (Class of '76) started bringing me to the Schenectady campus at the ripe old age of 10 years old. Between the architecture to the student community, I wouldn't change a thing about this little slice of heaven. When I first came to campus as a student in September of 2011, I immediately hurled myself into everything the great U has to offer. I never miss an opportunity to proudly rave Union while giving tours and advising first-year students during orientation. My major accomplishments at Union (so far!) have been attaining leadership positions in 3 environmentally focused clubs on campus, a council position in my Minerva (woo Messa House!), and being the Women's Varsity coxswain on the crew team! When I'm not shuffling between things during the week, you can find me doodling in my class notes, trying to learn how to play the guitar (or strumming my ukulele), tending to my slightly drooping aloe plant, Reamer-ratting, or taking advantage of the sunlight! Here at Union I wouldn't have my days any other way. Never been more in love with U.....!

Latest posts by Jordan '15 (see all)