my first stewart’s adventure

Feb 18 by

Last night, my girlfriends and I got some serious froyo cravings. We all piled in a car and headed to Mohawk Commons to hit up Sweet Frog, but when we got there, they were turning off the illuminated open sign and wiping down the machines. We quickly googled T.C.B.Y., another local froyo place, to see if it also closed at 9 p.m., which it unfortunately did. Despite the disappointment, we had one last option: Stewart’s.

As a Massachusetts native, I had never been to a Stewart’s until Union College, but even so, I cannot believe that my first trip to Stewart’s did not come until the middle of my junior year! It rocks, and was the perfect place to pick up some late night treats. In addition to your typical convenience store snacks, Stewart’s also provides ice cream. Not bought by the pint, but scooped right there for you, with plenty of unique flavors. To say I’ve become obsessed is definitely an understatement. I had the mint cookie crumbie and brownie fudge sundae flavors…perfect combination.

If you’re ever craving something sweet during winter term, when you’re bound to go stir crazy, make a trip to Stewart’s!

StewartsIceCream

Maura is a junior from Manchester-by-the-Sea, Massachusetts, a small town north of Boston on Cape Ann. She is an intern in the College's Communications Office, where she runs a blog and writes articles for the website - look for the Maura Driscoll '15 byline! Maura is also a member of the Delta Delta Delta Beta Psi sorority here on campus. Additionally, she is on the Student Conduct Committee, as well as the Fraternity and Sorority Judiciary Board. She is pursuing a Psychology major and Spanish minor, and hopes to someday use her education in a career linking psychology and public relations. A severe theatre addict, Maura was president of her drama program in high school and has been performing since the age of seven. She is also a fan of Boston sports teams (particularly the Celtics), Law and Order: Special Victims Unit, quoting movies, holidays, Harry Potter, naps, nostalgia, organization and sushi. This fall, she will be abroad in York, England!

Latest posts by Maura '15 (see all)