Summer On My Mind

May 29 by

As week 9 is coming to an end and week 10, the last week of classes for the year, quickly approaches, I can’t help but get excited for Summer. One of the major differences between high school and college is that once you go to college, you almost never want to leave. Going to class, studying, socializing, and generally being on campus becomes your everyday life, and it’s sometimes hard to adjust to ‘home life’ on breaks when you leave everything behind on campus.

Adirondacks!

Adirondacks!

While this is totally true and I am always excited to return back to school, I am actually looking forward to summer and getting a break from the constant stress brought on by classes and extra curricular commitments. College is a lot to juggle and sometimes it can get overwhelming, and while I am looking forward to a mini vacation I know I will be missing Union in just a couple of weeks.

The family!

The family!

The best kind of day!

The best kind of day!

I’m excited to spend a little over a week with my family before my internship starts, but then it’s right back to Schenectady for me where I will be living in my off campus house and working as a research fellow at Union’s Kelly Adirondack Center! For my little week off, I will be visiting my cousins in Syracuse, finally making a trip to my parents’ new house in Potsdam, NY (haven’t been there yet since the move!), getting my computer fixed, getting my first oil change in my new car, and spending a few much needed days at my house in the Adirondacks!

Adirondacks, family, and dog

Adirondacks, family, and dog

Needless to say, I am looking forward for what this summer will bring before I am a senior in college. Can you believe it?!

Jordan '15

Hi! My name is Jordan Pulling, an Environmental Science major and French & Environmental Engineering minor in Union College's class of 2015 hailing from the village of Ballston Spa in upstate New York. I have been in love with Union ever since my Dad (Class of '76) started bringing me to the Schenectady campus at the ripe old age of 10 years old. Between the architecture to the student community, I wouldn't change a thing about this little slice of heaven. When I first came to campus as a student in September of 2011, I immediately hurled myself into everything the great U has to offer. I never miss an opportunity to proudly rave Union while giving tours and advising first-year students during orientation. My major accomplishments at Union (so far!) have been attaining leadership positions in 3 environmentally focused clubs on campus, a council position in my Minerva (woo Messa House!), and being the Women's Varsity coxswain on the crew team! When I'm not shuffling between things during the week, you can find me doodling in my class notes, trying to learn how to play the guitar (or strumming my ukulele), tending to my slightly drooping aloe plant, Reamer-ratting, or taking advantage of the sunlight! Here at Union I wouldn't have my days any other way. Never been more in love with U.....!

Latest posts by Jordan '15 (see all)