The Calm before the Crisis

Water is one of the most important resources for human beings. Even though water makes up about 70% of the world, not all of it is safe for consumption. In fact, many people are deprived of any water source while others take the luxury of it. In the United States, it takes huge loads of water to supply over 300 million people and the usage can be extreme. In the article, Where the Water Goes, David Owen explores the origin of America’s water source of its people and how it may not last from over usage and extreme climate change. My question or discussion would be how can we make people aware of this issue before it’s too late?

For many people, they may not be aware of how extreme usage of water can be harmful in the long run. Water is being used without worry of not having it the next day. From the article, it states, “The amount of water we thought we had in that river system doesn’t exist” ( Page 2). This quote tells me that our sources for safe water is depleting and even I didn’t know it until I read this article. For this, we need to take measures, literally, to ensure that our water source can hold up for the future generation. From Aram’s blog post, I learned a possible strategy is to turn off the running water when it is not needed. This should be encouraged in most public places such as public restrooms, official buildings, schools etc.

12 thoughts on “The Calm before the Crisis

1. I think David Owen really does an excellent job on touching on the idea that we rarely think about the water we use on a daily basis. We don’t really stop to consider the amount of water we waste daily or even where our water comes from. We also constantly fail to acknowledge how not everyone has the same easy access to water that we do. I agree that a change is necessary and now. However, if I’m being honest I had not really thought about the water crisis much at all before all of our discussion of it during class. This leads to believe that there must be other people who are unaware of what a huge problem the world is facing.

I also really liked the quote that you chose to include in your post. I remember reading it at the time and it really sticking with me. However, I had a somewhat different interpretation of it. I think the narrator is saying that nobody really gave any initial thought to the possibility of the water in the river depleting. I also think it makes reference once again to the idea that we have waited to be concerned with the conservation of water when there is already a limited amount of water to be conserved.

In terms of what measures we can take in order to preserve water, there are so many possible options. On an individual level, I think avoiding letting water run without use is a simple change we can make. I think that just by starting to be more aware of the water crisis that the world is facing is the first step in making individual change. Furthermore, I think that for a larger scale change, that spreading the word about the water crisis and advocating for change would be the first step in getting more people interest and more support in general.

2. Wu, I agree with your point that the United States needs to raise public awareness of the extreme usage of water. I liked the quote that used from the article Where the Water Goes because it provided further evidence on the problem you were going to talk about in your post. I agree with your strategy in turning off the running water when it is not needed. However, I will pose the question of what happens if the citizens don’t listen and disregard the idea of conserving water because they are unaware of the amount of extreme water usage. Furthermore, you mention that turning off water should be encouraged in public place but you did not state how to execute this plan. Therefore, I would like to suggest a different strategy to approach the problem of extreme water usage. I believe that the government should pass strict laws that enforce the limitation of water and provide consequences to the people that choose to overuse the amount of water. This strategy is effective because this will prevent the possibility of people choosing to disregard the fact that they are using too much water. In the article Where the Water Goes David Owen states “Las Vegas has some of the most stringent water-conservation regulations in the country.” The reason I used this quote is to show that Las Vegas currently has water-conservation regulation that helps the state keep in check that people are not using water to an extreme. Las Vegas has more people that conserve water than in other states because of these strict regulations passed by the government. Essentially, strict regulation raises fear to the public in order for them to conserve their water. Although it might seem evil laws provide order because they make sure that people do not believe they can just get away with using too much water. I agree with you when you mentioned the alarming fact that society has not become fully aware that there is not the same amount of water as there was in the past. I believe that just advocating the conservation of water will not produce the result we desire because many citizens will ignore this crisis. Regulations that enforce water-conservation is a better solution because it at least tackles the possibility of rebellious citizens with consequences of breaking a law.

3. It’s critical in business to achieve optimum quality, even in minor aspects. For my part, I aim to attract additional audiences and potential consumers in order to expand my business. To do so, you must first establish communication with them. In this matter, I trust outsource customer service . Only satisfied customers, I believe, can lead to a company’s success.

4. I still believe that poetry writing requires talent. Such talent must be a natural talent. I’ve always loved to write. In my adolescence, I also attempted to create poetry, but I soon came to the conclusion that I would not make a great poet. Although it might be a hobby, it is not a job. I currently work as a letter of recommendation writer that provides assistance with producing essays, dissertations, letters of reference for employment, and other types of content because of this. Additionally, I enjoy my job and only occasionally—certainly not on a professional level—write poems.

5. يمكن استخدام مادّة غبار الزرنيخ للتخلص من حشرة الأرضة بشكل نهائي، وهي من الطرق الكيميائية الفعّالة في القضاء على هذه الحشرة، وتأتي فاعلية هذه الطريقة في أنها في حال أصابت حشرة واحدة من حشرات الأرضة فمن المحتمل أن تنتقل إلى باقي الحشرات الموجودة وربما تنتقل إلى داخل المستعمرة التي تتواجد فيها حشرة الأرضة مما يؤدي إلى التخلص منها بشكل نهائي.
    يمكن استخدام الملح في القضاء على حشرة الأرضة، ويعتبر من الطرق الطبيعية والفعّالة للتخلص منها، ويمكن استخدامه من خلال وضع الملح في وعاء يحتوي على ماء دافئ ويجب أن يكون الماء مالح للغاية، ثم رشّ الماء في الأماكن التي تتواجد فيها حشرة الأرضة مما يؤدي إلى تعرضّها للجفاف ومن ثم الموت.

شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام

6. شركة تنظيف منازل بالدمام

مع وضع هذا في الاعتبار ، يسر شركة تنظيف المنازل في الدمام التعامل مع جميع مهام التنظيف التي يحتاجها عملاؤنا الكرام ، من تنظيف الشقق الجديدة والقديمة والمستعملة إلى تنظيف المنازل والمنازل ذات الطوابق العلوية والسفلية.
    شركة تنظيف منازل بالدمام

7. تنظيف المنزل وتطهيره مهمان لمنع انتشار المرض. توصي مراكز السيطرة على الأمراض والوقاية منها الناس بتنظيف وتطهير منازلهم بانتظام للمساعدة في منع انتشار الإنفلونزا والتهابات الجهاز التنفسي الأخرى. هناك العديد من المنتجات المتاحة التي يمكن استخدامها لتنظيف وتطهير الأسطح في منزلك. من المهم قراءة الملصقات الموجودة على هذه المنتجات للتأكد من فعاليتها ضد الفيروسات والبكتيريا التي تحاول قتلها.
    .تقدم شركتنا افضل عمالة منتظمة ومدربة تواصل معنا للاستفادة من افضل خدماتنا.

شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض

8. شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام والخبر
    تعتبر الشركة من أوائل الشركات التي تخصصت في مجال رش المبيدات ومكافحة الحشرات في الكثير من مدن المملكة، وتقدم هذه الخدمة في المنازل والبيوت، والفلل، والشركات، والمحلات التجارية، ولذلك قد اكتسبنا شهرة واسعة وسمعة طيبة في كيفية التعامل مع جميع أنواع الحشرات، وتستطيع الوصول إلى أماكن اختبائها مهما كانت صعبة وضيقة، ونقدم لك كافة الضمانات التي تطمئنك بعدم عودتها إلى المكان مرة أخرى.

شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام

9. شركة تنظيف المنازل هي شركة تقدم خدمات التنظيف للمساكن. عادة ما يكون خادمات أو عمال نظافة يقومون بتنظيف منازل عملائهم بشكل منتظم. قد يكون تكرار الزيارات يوميًا أو أسبوعيًا أو نصف أسبوعيًا أو شهريًا. تقدم بعض شركات التنظيف المنزلي أيضًا خدمات لمرة واحدة، مثل التنظيف الربيعي أو بعد الحفلة. قد تقدم شركات تنظيف المنزل أيضًا خدمات أخرى مثل الغسيل والكي وغسيل النوافذ.
    نوفر لك كل خدمات التنظيف التي قد تحتاجها وأيدي عاملة مدربة على افضل الطرق.

شركة تنظيف بالدمام

10. تقدم شركة حور كلين خدمات تنظيف احترافية للمنازل والشركات.
    يمكن أن تشمل هذه الخدمات العناية بالأرضيات، وغسيل النوافذ، والغسيل الكهربائي، وتنظيف السجاد، وتنظيف المفروشات.
    نقدم مجموعة متنوعة من الباقات والخدمات لتلبية احتياجات عملائنا.
    تتضمن بعض مزايا الاستعانة بشركة حور كلين ما يلي: – ستوفر الوقت من خلال عدم الاضطرار إلى القيام بالتنظيف بنفسك. – سيكون للمنظف المحترف المعدات والإمدادات المناسبة للقيام بالمهمة بشكل صحيح. – سيتم تنظيف منزلك أو عملك وفقًا للمعايير والمواصفات الخاصة بك. – ستشعر براحة البال مع العلم أن منزلك أو عملك يتم تنظيفه بواسطة متخصص.

معدات مطاعم مستعملة بالرياض

11. تكريب النخيل بجدة من الخدمات التي يجب أن  تتم بشكل مدروس وذلك لأن تكريب النخيل يجب أن يتم التعامل معه بشكل دوري ولكن في سن معينة فالنخيل لا يجب أن يتم تكريبه إلا بعد بلوغ سن معينة وذلك حتى لا يضر هذا الأمر النخلة بشكل سلبي لذلك توفر شركة الديار مجموعة من المهندسين أصحاب الخبرة و القادرين على التعامل بشكل محترف مع هذه الخدمة كما يتم توفير العمال المدربين على هذا تواصل معنا فقط لتحصل على أفضل سعر موجود للخدمة.
    فني تركيب دش بجدة

12. شركة تنظيف بالرياض تقدم لكم كل خدمات النظافة التي تحتاجون إليها فنستطيع أن نعمل على تنظيف المنازل والشقق والفلل والقصور وجميع الأماكن الأخرى بجودة وكفاءة عاليه ونقدم لكم أيضاً الخصومات والتخفيضات الرائعة على اسعار تنظيف المنازل بالرياض فيمكنك عزيزي العميل أن تقوم بالاتصال على شركتنا، و تستفيد من كل الخدمات الرائعة التي تقدمها لك افضل شركة نظافة عامة بالرياض .
    شركة تنظيف بالرياض