Miao Bing Rong

Hello all. My name is Miao Bing Rong I was born in 1910 on November 28 and I am Currently in my second year of college at Shanghai University. I come from a very large family. I have five older sisters and two younger brothers. I don’t see much of my older sisters due to them living with their husbands families. My grandparents died before I was born so I never got the chance to meet them, but my father would tell me stories of my grandfathers strength and toughness, and my grandmothers kindness and generosity. Moving on, my two younger brothers, my Mother, and my Father and I live right outside Shanghai in a small village called Qing Ziang. Qing Ziang is a poor farming village where my father works as a rice farmer. I grew up very poor and the only reason I am able to attend college is because my father sold all five of my sisters to their husbands who happened to come from much wealthier families. My mother spends her days taking care of the house and my baby brother. I am proud to say that I am the first member of my family to attend college and my brothers will follow in my footsteps. Not many people from my village are able to attend college, and because of that, many men from my village have offered their daughters up to me for marriage. However, I feel now is not the time to be worried about marriage, that will come after I conclude my studies.

At Shanghai University I am studying politics and one day hope to be a high ranking officer for the Chinese military. I have always wanted to bring pride to not only my family, but to all of china and I believe that this path will help me achieve that goal. However, at this time in my life I believe reporting on events occurring all across China will not only be helpful to people, but I believe that my writings will become an absolute necessity to people rich and poor to help understand what is truly going on in china in the coming years. My whole life has brought me to this point and I will not let my family and the people of china be disappointed.

Miao Bing Rong