Ai Weiwei Biograhy

My name is Ai Weiwei. I was born on November 12, 1908, with my sister Fen Weiwei in northwest China Shaanxi Providence. My family wasn’t wealthy, but my father ran the town general store and was well-liked by the community; we lived comfortably in a large house where my grandparents lived with us. My mother seldom left the house as she cared for my sister, grandparents, and myself while preparing all the food and doing all the housework. My father always wanted change, and after we lost to the West economically and then lost to Japan militarily, he turned to me to start reform in my generation, so I was sent to college.

I am now studying public affairs in Beijing. I hope to bring about reform in my country to bring China back to being the center of Asia and push the foreigners out. I also hope we modernize our military to prevent any further losses to Chinese pride and as a deterrent for our small neighbor who is militarizing right next to us..  I took this reporting job as a way to build connections and increase the amount of information available to others who agree with me.