Tommy DeCaro Blog 1

Dear my fellow readers,

I am sorry to have kept you waiting so long since my introduction blog. Over the past two weeks, I have been traveling and interviewing as many people as I can to get a better understanding of what people are looking for in China today. Through my research and keeping my ear to the ground I have come to the conclusion that the Chinese Communist Party is what is needed in order to bring China from this disheveled state that we are in now and into the future. After talking with many women in both the countryside and right here in Beijing, I can begin to understand why so many people believe the CCP is what China needs. 

Just the other day I was given the opportunity to speak with a Chinese Communist Party woman who was in jail for being a part of the revolution. She was telling me how a Nationalist official wanted to buy her a piece of property and take her to be his concubine. (A concubine, for those who don’t know, is a woman who sleeps with a man and lives with him but essentially has a lower status than that of his wife.) Despite her protesting, this CCP member was threatened and told that if she did not comply, the Nationalists would put a firecracker inside of her and light it. (A terrifying thought) Another girl who was being held hostage by the Nationalists was tortured just last week. She told me that the Nationalists took a hot wire and shoved it through her leg. She then proceeded to show me the wound and tell me that shoving the wire through her leg was just the beginning of her tortured experience. She was later hung up by her arms and tortured for another 7 hours and threatened with being raped by a platoon of soldiers. 

These brave women are being tortured, humiliated, and killed because they are fighting for the Chinese Communist Party. They told me that it was either joining the CCP and fighting for a better life or being forced into a marriage they didn’t want, with a man who she didn’t love, and for money that she would never see. The rights and way these women have been treated over the course of our great empire make it no surprise that they are calling for a revolution and risking their lives in the name of freedom. Mao offers a unique opportunity for these women to become land owners, gain equal pay for equal work, and flourish in a new communist China. So, my fellow readers, it is no surprise that the communist revolution is starting to look like the best thing for China.

Until next time…

-Zeng Yongzheng

3 thoughts on “Tommy DeCaro Blog 1

1. I researched why the people believe that another revolution is imminent and necessary. Stories like these only prove without a shadow of a doubt that revolution is a must with the current climate of our country. I stated that I believe that this revolution will most likely come from the Communists, and your post corroborates this theory as it is evident that the Nationalists will stop at nothing to silence them, as they fear the danger to their party that the brave Communists represent.

2. I too in my journey have encountered numerous women with similar stories to the one you have relayed. The Revolution to get us to this point has been completely ineffective in eradicating some elements of the old order that continue to plague our nation.

3. This is a horrible story to hear. It is these type of atrocities that cause peasants in the countryside and workers in the city to secretly begin to support the Communists. Their promised reforms for women, peasants, and workers will no doubt produce a stronger China.