Blog 5

My dear readers, I have been writing to you for a long time. Starting back when our great leader Chairman Mao fought off the capitalist government that was doing their absolute best to ruin China. The building of the CCP in Yenan, Land reform, collectivization, and then most recently the great leap forward. However, I have led you astray as it is not my turn to repent and write a self-criticism for remarks I have made when I obviously wasn’t educated enough on Chairman Mao’s view to be giving an opinion let alone inform your opinion, dear reader.  

Long before Chairman Maos thought was so readily available to study thoroughly in the little red book I went home for the first time since the war against Japanese aggression and when I arrived I saw my first struggle session against the foul landlords who took advantage of the righteous people of China and I couldn’t help but question the violence that ensued with the beatings of rich families and the death of many landlords. 

This was a temporary lapse in judgment stemming from many scenes of violence and brutality etched into my mind from a time my new comrades did not experience and from a time before the availability of Chairman Mao’s thoughts. It was hard being in the trenches with Mao at Yenan and reporting on what was going on in the surrounding areas and the violence made me tired. However now with Mao’s thoughts written down in such a beautiful understandable manner I see that a nation’s struggle is indicative of a Class struggle and that violence is part of that struggle. I also understand that the peasants needed to rise up and fight their landlords in order to overthrow the mental shackles as the peasants had experienced years and years of mistreatment economically and politically. It is all thanks to the more recent distribution of Mao Zedong though that I now have dedicated myself to understanding things I was unable to comprehend before because our great leader Mao sees the whole picture of events in China where I have only seen the places I have been. All my simple questions have been answered by the concise chapters of the Little Red Book and Mao has enlightened me to be a better comrade than I ever have been before this point.