With the number of study spaces in Schaffer Library reduced by half — to 211 — during Phase I of the building's renovation and expansion, the College is making alternate study areas available to students. Areas include:
- Upperclass Dining Hall, 9 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- West Dining Hall, 9 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- North Colonnade (the former Psychology Building), all night study
- Social Sciences, first floor, all night study
The third-floor study area of the Nott Memorial remains open from noon to 10 p.m.
Sunday through Thursday, and noon to 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
A committee of students, faculty and staff are meeting to address concerns about the
impact of both the Olin and Schaffer projects.
In order to accommodate the construction of the F.W. Olin Center and deliveries to the
Reamer Campus Center, the following parking changes have been made:
- The area around the loading dock at Reamer Campus Center will be closed to general
parking. It will be designated for delivery and handicapped access only.
- Handicapped parking spaces (now along the south side of the lot) will be moved to the
north side. Four spaces are available.
- Parking spaces formerly reserved for campus-based vehicles will be moved to the small
lot to the west of the Campus Operations building.
- No parking is allowed on campus roadways unless otherwise designated. This restriction
is especially vital during Olin construction at the Reamer Campus Center traffic circle
and North Entry roadway to avoid safety hazards and allow emergency access.