Posted on Mar 24, 2009

A memorial fund has been established at Union in honor of Daniel P. Richardson, a campus safety officer who died earlier this month.

Daniel Richardson

The fund will benefit Richardson’s wife, Laura, and their daughters, Hannah, 5, and Emma, 3.

Richardson, 31, joined Union in October 2006 and is remembered fondly by family, friends and co-workers.

"Daniel became a great friend to many of us in the Campus Safety department," said Chris Hayen, the acting director of the department. "Daniel understood mutual respect and team effort. He was one of those people who made coming to work a pleasure. He was a special person and is missed."

Said Records Coordinator Pamela Rew , “I met Daniel at a previous job, where we worked together as a team in loss prevention. It didn’t take long before him and his wife and me and my husband were doing things together outside of work.

“He was a dear friend to me – the best, a mold broken. I am blessed to have known him and his wife all these years.”

Those wishing to make a donation should contact Sue Murtlow in Campus Safety at 388-6358.