Fast-A-Thon

Oct 2 by

Empty PlateToday I am fasting. I am participating in the Fast-A-Thon, an event designed to increase awareness world hunger and faiths on campus. Since 7:00 p.m. last night I have not eaten anything. I will not eat again until 7:00 p.m. tonight. The biggest challenge will be rugby practice today in the middle of the fast. My energy might flag a little for that. Right now, I feel good. I had short fasts frequently throughout highschool because I believed that one cannot truly enjoy food if one never experiences hunger. We will see if I still retain that viewpoint at 7:00 p.m.

Xavier '16

Xavier Capaldi comes from a homestead in Northern Vermont where his family raises sheep, chickens, and rabbits. Xavier was homeschooled his entire life which allowed him to explore his interests fully before arriving at college. He is majoring in physics and minoring in nanotechnology. At Union, Xavier is the financial chair of the Beuth Council. He also plays rugby on the club team. Xavier's other interests include A-life, programming, cooking, gaming, knitting, and rpg's. His favorite books are The Scarlet Pimpernel by the Baroness Emmusca Orczy, Creation by Steve Grand, and 1984 by George Orwell. Xavier is performing research on s-looping in embryonic chick hearts using the Atomic Force Microscope.

Latest posts by Xavier '16 (see all)