Fast-A-Thon

Oct 2 by

Empty PlateToday I am fasting. I am participating in the Fast-A-Thon, an event designed to increase awareness world hunger and faiths on campus. Since 7:00 p.m. last night I have not eaten anything. I will not eat again until 7:00 p.m. tonight. The biggest challenge will be rugby practice today in the middle of the fast. My energy might flag a little for that. Right now, I feel good. I had short fasts frequently throughout highschool because I believed that one cannot truly enjoy food if one never experiences hunger. We will see if I still retain that viewpoint at 7:00 p.m.

Xavier '16

Xavier Capaldi comes from a homestead in Northern Vermont where his family raises sheep, chickens, and rabbits. Xavier was homeschooled his entire life before college. He is majoring in physics and minoring in nanotechnology and math. At Union, Xavier is the co-chair of the Beuth Council. He also plays rugby on the club team and is a tutor in the Physics Help Center. He is known primarily for his ability to consume massive quantities of food during a meal. Xavier has participated in a variety of research projects including: the study of embryonic heart development, analysis of gas released during coffee bean roasting, and development of vanadium catalyst to neutralize chemical warfare agents on fabric.

Latest posts by Xavier '16 (see all)