Finals Week Disaster

Nov 14 by

Broken LaptopI’m halfway through finals week. I’ve already finished the final lab for my physics course. I’m studying efficiently for my math final and I only have a ten page paper due for my preceptorial course. . . .Too bad my laptop broke yesterday. Where I could have worked in the comfort of my room, now I have to hunker down in the library. Where I could have kept all the files conveniently on my laptop, now I have to work off a thumb drive. Where I could have procrastinated over my paper, now I actually have to focus. I’m actually not that worried about it.

Level Up

I embrace the challenge.

It has been said that when life gets hard, you’ve just leveled up.

Xavier '16

Xavier Capaldi comes from a homestead in Northern Vermont where his family raises sheep, chickens, and rabbits. Xavier was homeschooled his entire life before college. He is majoring in physics and minoring in nanotechnology and math. At Union, Xavier is the social host of the Beuth Council. He is also the captain and president of the rugby team and is a tutor in the Physics Help Center. Xavier has participated in a variety of research projects including: the study of embryonic heart development, analysis of gas released during coffee bean roasting, the development of a vanadium catalyst to neutralize chemical warfare agents on fabric, and study of the crystallization of polyethylene oxide.

Latest posts by Xavier '16 (see all)