Homeward Bound

Nov 14 by

I’ve got six more days until I return home for a six-week winter break.  Standing in my way is a fifteen page paper for Japanese anthropology due tomorrow, a Global Politics final exam on Friday, and a Russian language final exam next Tuesday.  The battle against the paper is almost won, and I have laid out my final blow against it.  I have plenty of time to prepare for my final duel against the Russian language, and I know I can throw down my enemy and smite its ruin upon the mountainside.  My biggest challenge is the Global Politics exam looming ever-closer on the horizon.

I’m looking forward to a nice, long break at home, though.  I’ve missed my family, my dogs, and Massachusetts.  I can catch up on sleep which I’ll have lost in the next few days, and I catch up with my high school friends.  I can drive my car again.  I can get a haircut from my sister, who works at a professional salon.  I’m in desperate need of a haircut.  I can see my nephew, who I haven’t seen since the weeks after he was born.  I’ll have to get a job, of course.  But in my free time, I can pick up on my photography and find new places to explore.  I can volunteer at the nature conservation I worked at this past summer.  I can read books, drink black coffee, climb mountains.  I’ve decided I’m going to try and be productive over winter break instead of spending all my time sleeping until noon and watching television, and I intend to follow through with this resolution.

Cam '16

Cam Duval was born and raised in Framingham, Massachusetts, a town close to a half hour from both Worcester and Boston. Cam is a member of the Union College Class of 2016 and is majoring in Anthropology and minoring in the Russian Language. Cam is on WRUC 89.7FM Radio Union College executive board and lives in ARTS Theme House.

Latest posts by Cam '16 (see all)