Yes, you read that title correctly – I am already organizing and planning where my friends and I will be living during our senior here. Let me remind you that I am only halfway through my sophomore year. Unfortunately, that is how early it starts at Union. In order to secure a house that is considered to be one of the best in terms of location, proximity to campus, appearance and landlords, students start the search for a suitable house during fall term of sophomore year. Quite frankly, I think this is ridiculously early to begin house hunting but, alas, it is necessary. There are, of course, risks with signing leases so far in advance to senior year. For example, what if the friends you sign with sophomore year are not the same friends you want to live with come senior year? Thankfully, I have found that the friends I’ve chosen to live with senior year will no doubt remain my best friends in two years’ time. This may not be the case for everyone, but I’m pretty positive that the relationships kids make here at Union are pretty permanent.

After checking out the house on Union Ave (22.5) that my Grand-Big in my sorority currently lives in, my six best friends and I contacted the landlord and started working on a lease, which we will be signing by the end of the week! As stressful as this process has been for everyone involved, I am honestly so excited to know where I will be living, and I’m already daydreaming about decorating the house.

the white house in the middle is ours!the white house in the middle is ours!