Last night I attended a celebration for Victory Day, a Russian holiday. The Russian club put on this event for the local Russians and Veterans. It was very cool to be able to sit down and speak (or try to! Some didn’t speak English) with people who had done so much in their lives, some even having fought in WWII. There were speeches, recitations of poems, music, and my fellow Russian students and I even led a song. Not to mention the food was great.
Latest posts by Mary '16 (see all)
- Tara Kitchen- Moroccan Cuisine - April 8, 2016
- Another post about Schenectady Weather - February 17, 2016
- New Hampshire Primary and Student Political Engagement - February 10, 2016
- The Dreaded Schenectady Winter - February 3, 2016
- Finding a Balance - January 27, 2016