Closing Time

May 31 by

It’s hard to believe that I’m in the middle of week 9 right now.  You get into a sort of groove with schoolwork right around the speedbump that is midterms and then, all of a sudden, final exams are like a week away.  With shorter terms at Union, things move faster.  You move back into your dorm after spring break freshman year, and all of a sudden it’s time to start thinking about packing everything up and heading home.  It’s a little hard to believe that I’m nearly finished with my first year of college, just like that.

I’ve taken nine courses, including the basics of the Russian language and the beginnings of what might be my major, anthropology.  I’ve decided I want to go to Siberia.  I’ve become involved with the Russian language club and the radio station on-campus, and I haven’t been involved enough with a few other clubs.  I’ve made friends, some of which I met during my first weekend on-campus and who still hang around in my room even when neither me or my roommate are there.  I secured a single in a theme house for myself next year.

I still have no idea what I want to do with myself after my sophomore year.  My plan comes to a slowdown after the Spring trip to Siberia.  My to-do list reads something along the lines of

• Earn anthro major
  • Finish Russian minor
  • Graduate
  • Find job

I think those last two are on everybody’s list, though.

Cam '16

Cam Duval was born and raised in Framingham, Massachusetts, a town close to a half hour from both Worcester and Boston. Cam is a member of the Union College Class of 2016 and is majoring in Anthropology and minoring in the Russian Language. Cam is on WRUC 89.7FM Radio Union College executive board and lives in ARTS Theme House.

Latest posts by Cam '16 (see all)