Senegal

Sep 23 by

As it gets colder in Schenectady, my mind is thinking about how much fun this summer was. Studying in Senegal was by far the best thing I have ever done during a summer. I hope that other students apply for it next summer. I am still in touch with my host family. We chat on Facebook once a week and we are working on a Skype account. If I ever go back to Senegal, they would like to host me again.  I am really glad that my host family is still in touch with me and wants me to come back because one day, I will go back just for the fun of it. Until then, no matter how much I miss studying abroad over the summer, I cannot go back. So I have some pictures that I look at every time I think of Senegal. I am going to share them with you, I hope you like them as much as I do.  

Me at the the slave house

Me at the the slave house

Sunset

Sunset

018 (9) 001 (5) 004 (11)

Prof. Ndiaye's village

Prof. Ndiaye’s village

Beach day

Beach day

Rachel Refkin

Rachel Refkin

017 (10)

Children outside of dakar

Children outside of dakar

Hanging on the back of the bus while it moves

Children and I

Children and I

Prof Ndiaye, host mother, and I

Prof Ndiaye, host mother, and I

Prof. Ndiaye talking to his brother

Prof. Ndiaye talking to his brother

Mike '16

My name is Mike Stevenson Presendieu. I am a sophomore. I am originally from Haiti but I have lived in New York city for the past three years. I am a Political Science major, French minor and considering a Jewish studies minor as well. I am a brother of Chi Psi. So far, at Union, I have grew as a student and as a person. I became better student and a better person. I studied abroad in Senegal over the summer and it was a truly eye-opening experience. I am now aware of the world that surrounds me and the people who are part of this world. I am proud a Dutchman. Union'16. Go Greek.

Latest posts by Mike '16 (see all)