Everything really hit the fan for me yesterday. I’ve got a rough draft of my research paper for my sophomore research seminar due tomorrow, which I had known about for a while. I spent the weekend at home and banked on using today and yesterday to finish the bulk of the writing and polish it up. I also knew I had a presentation and a short paper for my Japanese pop culture course, though I had thought that the presentation dates were next Tuesday and Thursday. The professor asked for volunteers to present this Thursday, and I had thought my failure to volunteer was an indication that I could not present on that day.

At first I was like, “this is a lot of work but I can handle it”

I had it all worked out: I was going to finish my rough draft this today and yesterday, and I was going to create my Japanese culture presentation and write the paper for that class this weekend. I like having a basic idea of what I’m doing when.

Yesterday, because of a random assignment system, it fell upon me to present this Thursday. Suddenly my workload doubled, and I began to panic. Instead of having ten pages due in two days, I had fifteen and a powerpoint presentation, in addition to having to practice my presentation. I really wanted to do well on both of these things, but now it looks like I’m going to hand in two sub-par assignments.

But now I’m all, “this is the most stressful week of my life”

Oh, and Halloween’s tomorrow. I’m going to spend it trying to raise Cthulhu from his slumber so he can end my pain.

Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn, suckers.