Utilizing My Kitchen

Oct 31 by

Because I’m living in a theme house this year, I have a full kitchen. All year, the members of the house and I have been trying to use it as much as possible. We had weekly Sunday dinners and tried to make different meals. But sometimes with how busy we were, we cancelled dinners, or just ate in Reamer instead.

A few weeks ago I found this bread recipe and I wanted to try it out. So last week I made a loaf and it was so easy and quick and came out really well. I decided to double the recipe so I could make two more loafs throughout the week.

One night I was home alone and made myself a pasta sauce with just tomatoes, garlic (a lot of garlic), basil, and chili pepper flakes, to put on my pasta. I also made some garlic butter to put on the bread to eat on the side. Because this meal was for just me, I had a sauce and garlic butter left over.

The next night my friend came over before dinner and was hungry.We didn’t really have much quick food, but we still did have enough dough for a loaf of bread. I decided that with the ingredients left over from the night before I could make a pizza! I put the garlic butter on the ban and powdered it with flower before rolling out the dough (with a juice glass) and putting it on. We had some mozzarella so I just put the sauce and the cheese on top. It came out really well!

IMG_0849IMG_0864

Mary '16

Mary Locke is a sophomore at Union College, hailing from Acworth, a town of 900 people in the hills of western New Hampshire. She is currently working towards a major in biology and a minor in Russia Language. At Union she is involved in the jazz ensemble (playing the alto saxophone), the honor council, the Russian and East European club, and Religious Diversity House. Mary likes to spend her time cooking, exploring, reading, skiing, observing the things around her, and enjoying good eats and good talks with good people.

Latest posts by Mary '16 (see all)