Fall Cleaning

Nov 11 by

Last night my floor mate Andrew and I cleaned the entire second floor of ARTS House. It was messy, but not disgustingly so. We finally took out all the cardboard and recycling which had been piling up there for weeks, took out the trash (which luckily hadn’t been up there for nearly as long as the recycling), cleaned the kitchen floor, and swept through our common area for any trash and misplaced possessions. Once we got started, there was no stopping us.

Probably the highlight of the whole endeavor for me was washing all the dishes that had piled up. Neither Andrew or I had done much cooking this term (I think Andrew cooked one pasta dinner), but somehow we had dirty pots, pans, plates, cups and utensils galore that kept piling up because they weren’t ours to monitor. I won’t go into detail, but there was this one mug that had been sitting in the sink for an exorbitantly long time and I think there was some sort of cheese growing its way to freedom from the depths of the coffee mug. It was time to do what had to be done, and once I started on those dishes, nothing was going to stop me.

You know what helped? Having a wicked soundtrack.

Cam '16

Cam Duval was born and raised in Framingham, Massachusetts, a town close to a half hour from both Worcester and Boston. Cam is a member of the Union College Class of 2016 and is majoring in Anthropology and minoring in the Russian Language. Cam is on WRUC 89.7FM Radio Union College executive board and lives in ARTS Theme House.

Latest posts by Cam '16 (see all)