5 things that happened over break

Jan 13 by

1. I turned 20

On December 16, I turned 20. It was a weird feeling of no longer being a teenager but still feeling young and careless. I always thought that getting older meant that you were automatically maturing but now, I think that it is more of a process and that it depends on the things you have experienced and whom you have surrounded yourself with.

2. I visited Cooperstown 

I had never seen so much snow before

Cooperstown is in upstate New York and is mostly known for baseball. I spent time there at a friend’s house over break.

3. Netflix

I watched Netflix everyday for at least 10 hours. I saw some great movies and so many documentaries, it was great.

4. Slept

I slept so much over the break that at one point, I stayed in bed for 24 hours.

5. YouTube

YouTube is a trap. You go there to watch one video and they end up showing you more interesting videos.  So I watched them….a lot. For example, I watched House of Cards on Netflix and then watched a ton of clips of the show on YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBabKoHSErI

So to summarize, break was long and I did pretty much nothing. That is why I am so happy being back on campus. I am taking Photography 2, History of Photography and Music & Politics. Three classes that I really wanted and that are very fun to go to.

Mike '16

My name is Mike Stevenson Presendieu. I am a sophomore. I am originally from Haiti but I have lived in New York city for the past three years. I am a Political Science major, French minor and considering a Jewish studies minor as well. I am a brother of Chi Psi. So far, at Union, I have grew as a student and as a person. I became better student and a better person. I studied abroad in Senegal over the summer and it was a truly eye-opening experience. I am now aware of the world that surrounds me and the people who are part of this world. I am proud a Dutchman. Union'16. Go Greek.

Latest posts by Mike '16 (see all)