The other day I realized that I could buy broth with my declining balance! This was perfect because I was really in the mood for some tomato soup. I happened to have a full onion in my fridge, so I didn’t end up having to go out to buy anything. I started with the onion (I had to wear my new onion goggles to cut them….best christmas present) added to butter and oil. This was followed by a can of whole tomatoes and broth. While this was heating up, I thickened my half and half with flour and butter to make it more like heavy cream. Then I took the tomato mixture and pureed it in a blender, retuned it to the pan, and added the cream. Perfect tomato soup!
Latest posts by Mary '16 (see all)
- Tara Kitchen- Moroccan Cuisine - April 8, 2016
- Another post about Schenectady Weather - February 17, 2016
- New Hampshire Primary and Student Political Engagement - February 10, 2016
- The Dreaded Schenectady Winter - February 3, 2016
- Finding a Balance - January 27, 2016