Tomato Soup

Jan 18 by

The other day I realized that I could buy broth with my declining balance! This was perfect because I was really in the mood for some tomato soup. I happened to have a full onion in my fridge, so I didn’t end up having to go out to buy anything. I started with the onion (I had to wear my new onion goggles to cut them….best christmas present) added to butter and oil. This was followed by a can of whole tomatoes and broth. While this was heating up, I thickened my half and half with flour and butter to make it more like heavy cream. Then I took the tomato mixture and pureed it in a blender, retuned it to the pan, and added the cream. Perfect tomato soup!

IMG_2033 IMG_2034   IMG_2035                                   IMG_2036

Mary '16

Mary Locke is a sophomore at Union College, hailing from Acworth, a town of 900 people in the hills of western New Hampshire. She is currently working towards a major in biology and a minor in Russia Language. At Union she is involved in the jazz ensemble (playing the alto saxophone), the honor council, the Russian and East European club, and Religious Diversity House. Mary likes to spend her time cooking, exploring, reading, skiing, observing the things around her, and enjoying good eats and good talks with good people.

Latest posts by Mary '16 (see all)