While there are countless things I love about being at Union and away from home, there’s one thing I always miss. My dog! Unfortunately my dog, Coco, passed away at the age of 10 on December 23, just one day after I arrived home from my term abroad in Rennes, France. This is the first time in my life that I haven’t had at least one dog waiting for me at home, and it’s extremely sad.

Coco

Coco

Coco!

Coco!

Luckily for me, Union has a Therapy Dog!! Jenna (check out her ‘staff’ bio) is a young golden doodle who hangs out in the Wicker Wellness Center on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. It’s always great to see Jenna playing with her toys or just lounging under a desk in the office.

Jenna and I!

Jenna and I!

Besides being available to students in the Wellness Center, thanks to Jenna’s arrival on campus a year or so ago, we now have therapy dog sessions during finals week! For a couple hours a day during finals week, you’ll find 6-10 dogs hanging out outside the library with their guardians waiting to comfort you! Even if you don’t have a dog at home, spending some quality time with a pup can really help you relax while stressing over finals and give you a little break between tests.

I’m missing my pup more than ever now, but it’s nice to be able to spend some time with furry friends around campus!

Somber Coco

Somber Coco

Coco getting a bath

Coco getting a bath