schedule

I have a bit of a wacky schedule this term. For whatever insane reason, I thought that it would be a great idea to load all of my classes onto Tuesdays and Thursdays so that I could have a four day weekend every weekend of my senior spring. Sounds like the life, right? Well last week I realized that I may have bit off a bit more than I can chew… Tuesday was filled with twelve straight hours of obligations and Thursday was not much better. Granted, when I graduate I will be working for 12+ hours five days a week, but we’re not thinking about that right now…

Although my crazy Tuesdays and Thursday are extremely tiring, I absolutely love all of the classes I am taking. This term I am enrolled in Seminar in Finance, Global Issues in Economics, and Intro to Drawing. Finance is great because we will be covering a ton of things that will be applicable to my job come July and I already have a great advantage from having worked in the banking world over the summer. Plus, our professor is brilliant and was taught by Milton Friedman himself while doing his graduate work at the University of Chicago. I mean, can we please talk about that?! Global Issues seems really cool, but will also be a ton of work, I’m afraid. Our professor (also a great guy) said the first day that we should expect the course work to be like a mini thesis. Wait! I thought I was done with that! Nevertheless, it should be a really interesting and great class. Finally, I have my Drawing course. I wanted to treat myself to a class this spring that would stretch my mind in a different way and this definitely seems to be the right fit. Was it frightening to try to produce a large drawing in just two days for Thursday’s class last week? Yes, but I think I will really enjoy doodling away outside as the weather gets nicer and nicer.

Anyone else pumped about their classes this spring term? What are you taking??