Ending the Year Early

Jun 6 by

Quantum mechanics homework

As I’m sure most people are aware, Union is on a trimester system. This means our schedule doesn’t quite mesh with those of other academic institutions. Normally this doesn’t cause problem except for trying to meet up with friends over the breaks. However, I managed a land a REU for the summer, which is essentially a research internship. Despite special accommodations, I still have to leave Union a week early to start research elsewhere. This means taking all my finals early. To put it lightly, this wasn’t my favorite week at Union but at least the professors really made an effort to work with me. At any other institution this would be a huge issue. Here, they willingly arranged for an early exam period and just took my word that I’d not share the exam questions with my classmates. It’s really an advantage of the personal relationships that I have with my teachers.

Xavier '16

Xavier Capaldi comes from a homestead in Northern Vermont where his family raises sheep, chickens, and rabbits. Xavier was homeschooled his entire life before college. He is majoring in physics and minoring in nanotechnology and math. At Union, Xavier is the co-chair of the Beuth Council. He also plays rugby on the club team and is a tutor in the Physics Help Center. He is known primarily for his ability to consume massive quantities of food during a meal. Xavier has participated in a variety of research projects including: the study of embryonic heart development, analysis of gas released during coffee bean roasting, and development of vanadium catalyst to neutralize chemical warfare agents on fabric.

Latest posts by Xavier '16 (see all)