Since food is probably one of my favorite things at Union (other than literally everything else), I have made it my mission to find the best place to eat on campus. And that place is Rathskellar.

In case you haven’t heard about all the hype, Rathskellar is a chic underground restaurant filled with all the greasy foods and good people you could hope for. After a flood in 2014, Union fixed the basement of Old Chapel and revamped the old Rathskellar into a gorgeous hangout and snack bar. The best part is that it’s open until 1 am on Friday and Saturday! So no matter what your weekend is filled with, you can always fill your stomach with amazing (and cheap) food.

In my opinion, Skellar definitely has the best food on campus. From the burgers, to the loaded fries, to the milkshakes, everything I’ve eaten there has been anything but disappointing. They have options for everyone and it’s all so good! Each time I go, my friends and I all get something different so we can share because sharing is caring and at midnight on a Friday we are all extremely hungry!

The environment down there is one of the best on campus and once you get past the fact that you are going into the basement of an old church, the good vibes and good smells take over. Your first impression is the people at the register, and they are always so kind. They even let you use a meal swipe instead of declining! Once you order from the vast menu of comfort foods and amazing desserts, you can go find a comfy booth or a charming high top. The whole feel of the room is lively and you always see people you know.

So if you haven’t already, definitely check out Rathskellar with all your friends at any time you so desire. You can’t go wrong with anything on the menu so go crazy! Here’s the hours as well so now there’s no excuse to not stop by!

Tuesday- Thursday: 11:00 am to 8:00 pm

Friday: 11:00 am to 1:00 am

Saturday: 9:00 pm to 1:00 am