The Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Department develops, implements and manages environmental, health and life safety rules and guidelines for Union College employees, students and visitors. The EHS Department is a resource for all areas on campus to provide safety training, inspections and recommendations to ensure learning, living and working conditions are safe with minimal hazards.
There is currently no vaccine to prevent coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. However, as a reminder, CDC always recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
Incoming students, check out our Freshman Newsletter!
You can also follow us on Twitter @UnionLifeSafety.
EHS Office Locations & Hours
ISEC 183 A & B and Butterfield 109
Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.