Recent Conference Presentations (Oral or Poster):
- “Morphology and conductivity studies of Laponite/single-walled carbon nanotube nanonetworks,” M.E. Hagerman, R. Cortez, L. Valdman, and D. Dobbs, American Chemical Society National Meeting and Exposition (Boston, Massachusetts) August 22, 2018.
- “Directing polyaniline self-assembly using Laponite nanoparticles,” J.S. Mondschein*, M.E. Hagerman, and R. Cortez, 247th American Chemical Society National Meeting and Exposition (Dallas, Texas) March 18, 2014.
- “Building bridges between the engineering classroom and the research laboratory: nanoscience at Union College supported by the NSF NUE program,” P. Catravas, M.E. Hagerman, B.D. Cohen, S. Amanuel, R. Cortez, A. Meyghani, and S. Maleki, 120th American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE) Annual Conference & Exposition (Atlanta, Georgia) June 24, 2013.
- “Role of undergraduate research experiences at Union College in providing opportunities for under-represented students,” S. Amanuel, R. Cortez, B. Cohen, P. Catravas, S. Maleki, M. Vineyard, J. Kehlbeck, K. Fox, and M. Hagerman. The 245th American Chemical Society Meeting (New Orleans, Louisiana) April 7, 2013.
- “Mechanochemical synthesis of polyaniline/Laponite nanoassemblies,” M.E. Hagerman and R. Cortez. The Spring 2012 American Chemical Society National Meeting and Exposition (San Diego, California) March 26, 2012.
- “Investigation of the behavior of barium strontium titanate MOS capacitors,” I. M. Abdel-Motaleb, B.S. Akula, K. Leedy and R. Cortez. The 35th Workshop on Compound Semiconductor Devices and Integrated Circuits (Catania, Italy) June 1, 2011.
- “Atomic force microscopy examination of polymeric nanocomposite layers,” B. Peace*, M. Topka*, K. Skorenko*, A. Kowalski*, M. Hagerman, and R. Cortez, The Materials Research Society (MRS) Fall Meeting (Boston, Massachusetts) November 29, 2010.
- “Nanomorphology studies of CdSe/polyaniline/Laponite nanocomposites,” M. E. Hagerman, M.R. Topka*, R. Cortez, B. Peace*, P. E. Catravas, and B. Bunes*, The 239th American Chemical Society National Meeting and Exposition (San Francisco, California) March 21, 2010.
- “Investigation of the drain current shift in ZnO thin film transistors,” I. Abdel-Motaleb, N. Shetty, K. Leedy, and R. Cortez, 2009 International Semiconductor Device Research Symposium (College Park, Maryland) December 9, 2009.
- “Nanomorphology studies of Laponite/conductive polymer nanomaterials,” M.R. Topka*, M.E. Hagerman, and R. Cortez, The 237th Annual Meeting of the American Chemical Society (Salt Lake City, Utah), March 24, 2009.
*Union College undergraduate student