Whats true?

What do you see? What do you interpret? Why? Why do you think that? These are all questions our guest Mr.Taubman asked us during his presentation.  I was intrigued by how in-depth Mr.Taubman went when processing a thought. He took a simple 2D image and enhanced my mind as if I was looking at a 3D image from all angles. However, what I noticed was that all 16 students in the class had something different to say about the same image. Our visions were all unique. We view things with different perspectives and come up with our own meaning. The image was set and stone, but the meaning varied. What I got out of this was something bigger than interpreting an image, but rather coming to a realization that there is no right answer, anything can be justified. Just like the decisions made at Memorial Hospital.

In the article, The Deadly Choices at Memorial, controversial decisions were made by doctors. Doctors injected patients to fasten their deaths during a time of crisis without any consent. Many people view this as wrong because the doctors have no right to decide when a patient should die, however, I argue that the doctors were correct in their decisions because of the situation at hand. However, they didn’t inject the patients just to do it, but rather for the betterment of the patients. According to Dr. Cook, too many people needed help and weren’t going to make it, so the humane thing to him was to put them out of their misery as he says, “It was actually to the point where you were considering that you couldn’t just leave them; the humane thing would be to put ’em out”. The hospital’s conditions were awful, so putting those out, who had a less likely chance of living, to me, betters both parties. Dr.Pou stated, “help the patients that were having pain and sedate the patients who were anxious” because “we knew they were going to be there another day, that they would go through at least another day of hell.” We see examples that injecting patient would be a more peaceful death. Shown through the 80 yearly man who ran out of oxygen while getting navigated through a staircase and the two LifeCare patients who died because of their ventilators going out. Wouldn’t their deaths have been more peaceful? As we see here, her actions were justifiable because she metaphorically says that the hospital is like hell, which implies horrendous conditions. The triage system is undefinable. There are so many loopholes and different arguments that can be made. Really any viewpoint can be justifiable.

In the article, when you look into the faces of victims families, as well as the doctors, what do you see? What can you tell by the way they stare blandly into the camera? Distress, regret, maybe confidence? What does the color of the image imply? These are all open ended questions that may answer how theses victims, or integrators, feel about the issue.

30 thoughts on “Whats true?

1. Josh, your opening to this blog post was very interesting. I like how you related the guest speaker’s lesson to the article. It is important to recognize multiple opinions and understand that more than one may be correct. Not everything is subjected to yes or no answers. What happened at Memorial Hospital is controversial, but I disagree with your standpoint. I think that the doctors at Memorial Hospital did the wrong thing. Many factors were taken into account by Memorial Hospital. One thing I found very upsetting was the emphasis on DNR. Patients with DNR were automatically placed into a lower group. I think this a poor assumption and that the doctors made the wrong call. DNR should not have been considered that strongly in their decision making. I believe that a DNR has no correlation to someones current happiness and love of life. Memorial Hospitals doctors were not trained properly for this situation and I believe their triage during Hurricane Katrina was immoral. Although you say that triage cannot be defined, I believe that the decisions for Memorial Hospitals triage were not correct.

2. Hi Josh,
    I agree with your viewpoint that everyone is unique. Based on different genes set in everyone, each individual expresses the self with different behaviors. As the decisions in the Hospital, the decisions made by the doctors can be viewed either to be correct or to be wrong: if correct, the dose of medicine helps the patients to get rid of their painfulness; else wrong, the will of patients is overwritten by the rights of the doctors, just because the doctors are advantageous at that moment for even deciding one’s living or death.
    As what ontology explains, correctness is wrongfulness, goodness is badness, freedom is chain. One who holds the view can be reasonable in one’s view of value, but the reasons that can be used to refute the person’s viewpoints may be found by someone else who has a different value system. The rule to be followed is exert out one’s value as much as the person can, making sure what the person does is corresponding to the self’s value system.

3. Writing my works is difficult for me. I resolved this issue by seeking assistance from an ghost writer services on the web, who will always assist me in creating the texts for my essays. I can always give original works that are distinctive to me thanks to the assistance of this service. Ghost writers collaborate directly with me via the best post-writing services to ensure that they fully comprehend my requirements. This is where I always get the assistance I require, so I return to this resource to utilize the excellent writing services once more.

4. This is a great article. I am familiar with this material. Firstly, I was interested in the topic of water, nature. Secondly, I paid attention to the writing style. It is written very well and beautifully. I would like to learn how to write like that too. In the meantime, I’m contacting this service https://www.essaygeeks.co.uk/buy-assignment/ These professional writers help me with my written work. They check essays for unintentional plagiarism, carefully copy, edit and proofread them. This is the most important thing for me. I get good grades and enjoy the freedom of student life.

5. Hey, this day is too much good for me, since this time I am reading this enormous informative article here at my home. Thanks a lot for massive hard work.
    Site: satin silver jacket

6. Superior post, keep up with this exceptional work. It’s nice to know that this topic is being also covered on this web site so cheers for taking the time to discuss this! Thanks again and again! slot 168

7. Someone Sometimes with visits your blog regularly and recommended it in my experience to read as well. The way of writing is excellent and also the content is top-notch. Thanks for that insight you provide the readers! Gacorslot168

8. Outstanding article! I want people to know just how good this information is in your article. Your views are much like my own concerning this subject. I will visit daily your blog because I know. It may be very beneficial for me. แทงบอล

9. Nice blog and absolutely outstanding. You can do something much better but i still say this perfect.Keep trying for the best. Bigceme

10. An interesting dialogue is price comment. I feel that it is best to write more on this matter, it may not be a taboo topic however usually individuals are not enough to talk on such topics. To the next. Cheers. https://themarketlobby.com

11. Thanks for your post. I’ve been thinking about writing a very comparable post over the last couple of weeks, I’ll probably keep it short and sweet and link to this instead if thats cool. Thanks. pullman residence

12. We have sell some products of different custom boxes.it is very useful and very low price please visits this site thanks and please share this post with your friends. the atelier

13. Wow, cool post. I’d like to write like this too – taking time and real hard work to make a great article… but I put things off too much and never seem to get started. Thanks though. doberman pitbull mix

14. It is included in my habit that I often visit blogs in my free time, so after landing on your blog. I have thoroughly impressed with it and decided to take out some precious time to visit it again and again. Thanks. QQICON188

15. Wow, cool post. I’d like to write like this too – taking time and real hard work to make a great article… but I put things off too much and never seem to get started. Thanks though. gacorslot

16. There is so much in this article that I would never have thought of on my own. Your content gives readers things to think about in an interesting way. Thank you for your clear information. Blog comments