Workshop on Macroeconomics Research at Liberal Arts Colleges
August 4-5, 2015.
Union College, Schenectady NY, 12308.
You are invited to share your research and to learn about the work being done by other macroeconomists at liberal arts colleges. The primary goals of this workshop are
- to create an open forum that allows macroeconomists at liberal arts colleges to expose their work to a group of their peers and gain valuable feedback, and
- to build a network of colleagues with whom to share ideas and collaborate on research projects.
This year’s Workshop Program features:
- a single-session format to ensure high-quality feedback for presenters,
- numerous short breaks to permit informal discussion,
- breakout discussion sessions focused on pedagogical techniques, and
- a panel discussion on Publishing with Undergraduates.
We invite faculty to submit paper proposals in all fields of macroeconomics, including the following:
- monetary economics,
- monetary and fiscal policy,
- open-economy macro,
- economic growth,
- finance and international finance,
- macroeconomic history, and
- political economy
Submissions from junior faculty are particularly encouraged, as are submissions of work in its preliminary stages. Links to submit a paper, offer to serve as a discussant and register for the Workshop are located at the top of the page.
To Register for the Workshop, please fill out the Workshop Registration Form.
The Organizers Meeting is open to any Workshop participant. Individuals interested in hosting the Workshop in the future are particularly encouraged to attend. Please indicate your intention to attend on the Workshop Registration Form.
- The deadline for paper submissions, May 1, has now passed.
- Notification of paper acceptance: May 15.
- Workshop registration deadline: June 1.
- Hotel room hold dates: July 14 and July 17.
The Workshop is sponsored by Union College and the Union College Economics Department.
- Lewis Davis: Union College
- Tomas Dvorak: Union College
- Bill Craighead, Wesleyan University
- Lewis Davis, Union College
- Ed Gamber, Lafayette College
- Imai Masami, Wesleyan University
- Ken Kuttner, Williams College
- Cameron Shelton, Claremont McKenna College
- Julie Smith, Lafayette College
- Caleb Stroup, Grinnell College
- Pao-Lin Tien, Wesleyan University
- Mark Tomljanovich, Drew College
If you have any questions, please email Lewis Davis at davisl (at) union.edu.