first day’s work!

After finally arriving to New Orleans last night – I was so over tired and excited to start the week! Today I went to Miss Cowards house in the 5th ward. I was so excited to help out – I hope we get to meet the house owner at some point, so I can really feel great about all the hard work I put in. I started the morning out by sweeping dust and debris from the floor. I then moved on to touching up the yellow paint throughout the interior of the house. For those who know me, this was a perfect job for me. Considering the fact I am somewhat OCD, I couldn’t help but search for every scratch in the paint. I then primed a cabinet, which I will hopefully get to paint tomorrow!

All in all, it was a great day. I really enjoyed the house I’m working on, and our group really accomplished a lot today. I am already starting to see a bigger picture. On a side note, I’m writing my research paper on the animals left behind after hurricane Katrina. The house next door still had spray paint “cats” on the outside. I took a picture to include in my paper.