1

Overall, I’m not really sure what to expect in New Orleans. I know that there are a lot of depressing neighborhoods and some more lively ones. There will be a lot of poor people there, which isn’t especially new for me given some of the neighborhoods that I have lived in. I’m looking forward to seeing the French Quarter and listening to Jazz, and just experiencing the culture in general. I’m pretty curious about what it’s like to go out in New Orleans—and if there are a lot of young people there or not. I’ve also never been in a majority African American city, so I’m looking forward to having that new experience. My impression is that restaurants aren’t as vegetarian friendly as they are in the north, so I’m a bit nervous about the food situation. I’m more excited to go to Dulac and also to see the urban farm than I am to work with PNOLA, because I’m more of an outdoorsy than a city person (although I do like cities). More specifically, I’m eager to know what projects we will be doing in Dulac. I think that it would be cool to be a peer listener and hear some stories from Louisianans firsthand. I’m also looking forward to the wetlands tour. From what I’ve seen in pictures/film they are very beautiful.