- Efficient Empiricism: Streamlining Teaching, Research and Learning in Empirical Courses, with Simon Halliday, Michael O’Hara and Aaron Swoboda, 2019, Journal of Economic Education 50(3), 242-257.
- Do the Timeliness, Regularity, and Intensity of Online Work Habits Predict Academic Performance?, with Miaoqing Jia (Union ’16), 2016, Journal of Learning Analytics 3(3), 318-330.
- Do 401k Advisors Take Their Own Advice?, 2014, Journal of Pension Economics and Finance 14 (1), 55-75.
- Do Mutual Fund Companies Eat Their Own Cooking?, with Jigme Norbu (Union ’13),2013, Journal of Retirement,1(2), 91-100. (pre-pub version)
- Timing of Retirement Plan Contributions and Investment Returns: The Case of Defined Benefit versus Defined Contribution, 2012, The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy: Vol. 12: Iss. 1 (Contributions), Article 23. Data for the paper is here.
- Are Women More Generous than Men: Evidence from Alumni Donations, with Shayna Toubman (Union ’09), forthcoming in Eastern Economic Journal.
- Financial Literacy and the Design of Retirement Plans with Henry Hanley (Union ’09), 2010, Journal of Socio-Economics, 39(6), 645-652. More information about the project is here.
- The Decomposition of the U.S. External Returns Differential with Stephanie Curcuru and Frank Warnock, 2010, Journal of International Economics 80(1), 22-32. Data for the paper are here.
- Cross-Border Returns Differentials with Stephanie Curcuru and Frank Warnock, 2008, Quarterly Journal of Economics, 123 (4), 1495-1530. Data for the paper are here. See coverage in NBER Digest here. Dow Jones Newswire coverage here.
- Are the New and Old EU Countries Financially Integrated?, 2007, Journal of European Integration 29(2), 163-187.
- Annotated Sample Paper in Econometrics, 2007, Journal of Economic Education 38(1), 124.
- European Union Enlargement and Equity Markets in Candidate Countries with Richard Podpiera, 2006, Emerging Markets Review 7 (2), 129-146. Also circulates as IMF Working Paper 05/182 and ECB Working Paper 552. Also, see the coverage in Economist Intelligence Unit’s newsletterBusiness Europe on page 7.
- Do Domestic Investors Have an Information Advantage? Evidence from Indonesia, 2005, Journal of Finance 60(2), 817-839..
- Gross Capital Flows and Asymmetric Information, 2003, Journal of International Money and Finance 22(6), 835-864.
- Does the Euro Lead to Investment? Industry Evidence September 2006, published in Financial Development, Integration and Stability: Evidence from Central, Eastern and South-Eastern Europe edited by Klaus Liebscher, Josef Christl, Peter Mooslechner and Doris Ritzberger-Grunwald, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Are Capital Inflows in the Czech Republic Inflationary?, 1997, Eastern European Economics 35(3), 35-65.
- Teaching Programming in Econometrics – Paper supported by Project TIER and presented at 2016 AEA CTREE.
- What Economists Can Tell Us About Retirement-Plan Design, Chronicle of Higher Education, November 13, 2016. (version with all links and references is here.)