Are they worth it? Electric cars and individual carbon emissions

Globally the temperature of the earth is increasing, these rising temperatures have been mainly caused by the emissions of greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere. Changes need to be made both on a government and individual level to hinder the effects of climate change. More than 30% of carbon emissions come from transportation via, car, bus, and airplane one of the best ways that an individual can combat this is to purchase an electric car (EPA, 2021). The New York State Energy Research and Development Agency has out a free estimation survey, where one can put in the type of electric car and it will give you the cost and benefits of purchasing the car. When looking at an average 30,000 dollar electric car in Central New York, within the first year one would save $966 this was found by calculating the cost of gasoline ($1,243) that you would save minus the increase in your electric bill which would be around $277 to charge your car. In New York, you also get a minimum of 8,500 dollars in incentives which includes a $7,500 Plug-in vehicle federal tax credit plus a $1,000 with the Drive Clean Rebate. When looking at the cost and benefits in the future, within the first 5 years it shows that an electric car would save up to $7,867 and you would break even with the cost of the car within two years. Along with having long-term financial benefits owning an electric car reduces an individual carbon footprint by 58% per year which is equivalent to 5,977 lb of CO2. This survey is a great day to find a car that fits your budget and lifestyle while also helping you lower your carbon footprint. Cost benefits analysts are an important factor when it comes to the effectiveness of environmental action.

Survey: https://nyserda.wattplan.com/ev/

Work Cited:

EPA (2021) Carbon Pollution from Transportation

https://www.epa.gov/transportation-air-pollution-and-climate-change/carbon-pollution-transportation

NYSERDA (n.d) Watt Plan, Access on 4/3

https://nyserda.wattplan.com/ev/Results

33 thoughts on “Are they worth it? Electric cars and individual carbon emissions

1. This is very interesting because it’s cool to think about cars in the future. I can’t wait to see levitating cars.

• Perhaps most importantly, the article underscores the environmental impact of electric cars, as they can reduce an individual’s carbon footprint by 58% per year, equivalent to 5,977 pounds of CO2. This comprehensive analysis serves as a valuable resource for those considering an electric car, helping them make an informed decision that not only benefits their wallet but also contributes to a more sustainable future.khalidelarbi———-business for sale

2. As someone who is hoping to purchase a car soon, I think it is very important to take into consideration how environmental sustainable your car is and how you can especially lower your carbon footprint. It makes me think though that a lot of people don’t really think of the benefits ahead they want to see that they are saving money/getting benefited right in that instinct financially.

3. I had never looked into the economics of an electric car versus a gas car. I did not know that an electric car can pay back its expenses so soon, and therefore end up saving you so much money. In think I might need an electric car.

4. I am always interested when new electric car initiatives are presented to the American public. The exhaust from a variety of gas powered vehicles into our atmosphere is definitely at an interesting level time-wise. I hope that in our life-time electric cars are made affordable and that the choice will be close between buying a cheap/low end electric car, or an older model gas car for families on a budget. The used car market has always amazed me in our country to the point where I have doubts on how many American families will be willing to switch to electric cars.

5. This post really made me think. I have long thought that this investment into an electric car is not worth it. Sure it will reduce my own carbon footprint, but I always thought that it would hurt my pockets more than it would help the environment. However after reading this my mind is starting to change. When you said that you would break even on your investment in two years that was very very convincing and I also very much so enjoyed reading this.

6. I want to say that you picked a good region to buy real estate, because, in my opinion, it is a very cool area with cool nature and architecture. To do this I would like to recommend this site Thessaloniki real estate , because it is a very cool site where cool real estate for sale at the best and coolest prices.

7. So many people on this forum. Maybe someone even knows how to find a good car in DC. I’m interested in options under 10k in normal condition. I want to buy one for my dad.

8. Hello all. As someone who was in the market for a car in Columbia, I found https://vehileaks.com/district-of-columbia to be an invaluable resource. The site’s filter feature made it easy to find cars based on my specific criteria, such as make, model, price range, and more. The site had a diverse range of both used and unused cars, and the detailed information provided for each listing helped me make an informed decision. I was able to find a great deal on a car that met all of my requirements, and I couldn’t be happier with my purchase. Vehileaks.com is definitely my go-to site for car shopping in Columbia.

9. Hammaga salom. O’ylaymanki, azerbaycanda parimatch men uchratgan eng yaxshi bukmekerlik ofislaridan biri va ularning veb-sayti pul tikuvchilar uchun ajoyib manbadir. Bonuslar saxiy va ro’yxatdan o’tish jarayoni oddiy va tushunarli. Juda tavsiya etiladi!

10. My job allows me to use different cars, as I travel a lot to different cities and always rent them. In fact, I rent both electric and gasoline cars and find advantages in each of them. The other day I was in Leeds with my work colleagues and rented a 7-seater minivan, which is also good for group trips around the city or even for traveling rental24.co.uk

11. Consumers now must choose between several brands, but they don’t desire a service or a product. They anticipate a brand to deliver a pleasing and unforgettable experience whenever they visit any store. Customers will become equally loyal to a business that fosters a loyalty culture across all of their interactions. Walmart prioritizes their survey because of this. Walmart Survey

12. A range of topics pertaining to MCD restaurants are included in the poll, including meal quality, pricing, prompt delivery, cleanliness, staff conduct, and similar topics. Guests may easily respond to all these inquiries from the comfort of their own homes by recalling their previous visit. Mcdfoodforthoughts

13. The portal’s purpose is to give you an active management system by centralizing all of your credit and insurance products. By doing this, clients may spread out their loan payments more evenly and experience less financial hardship. Mycoverageinfo

14. Employees who are unaware of MyCVSHR are in large numbers. Every piece of HR data is monitored via the online portal. From here, you have access to private job-related data. This webpage is available for use by any current or past employee. MyHR.CVS.Com

15. Selecting Client Login from the menu will allow you to access the Efficenter Employee Login Portal when it launches. You must enter your password and username in the Efficenter login portal form. You could prevent yourself from subsequently having to enter your login credentials again. Efficenter

16. There are two versions of the platform available: a free version with basic functionality and an upgraded version with more features. Pear Deck offers customized classes. Joinpd.com

17. Making it possible for people to make informed decisions regarding their health, money, and general well-being, this one-stop shop provides invaluable insights into benefit packages, insurance coverage information, and wellness initiatives. MyFordBenefits

• The most well-known grocery store chain in the Southeast and Canada is called Publix. Florida is home to the great bulk of Publix’s more than stores around the country. They always require new hires due to their extensive growth. Publix Passport

18. Through their official consumer feedback portal, MyBkExperience, Burger King invites you to share your thoughts about their meals. The website for MyBkExperience may be viewed at There are various ways to provide Burger King with your feedback if you don’t want to use the survey tool. MyBKExperience

• Sadly, not many visitors are aware that breakfast is provided free of charge. Dairy Queen serves a filling and expedient breakfast. But first, discover if this fast-food establishment serves breakfast by looking up the hours.

Dairy Queen Breakfast Menut

19. Waiting to see what Wawa has to offer at its finest? Mywawavisit then serves as the ideal location for you! Our website will undoubtedly give you all the background facts and information required for a wonderful experience, regardless of whether this is your first time visiting a Wawa or not. mywawavisit

• Employees at JC Penny have instant access to all business information through the JCP Associate Kiosk Home website. Pay stubs, schedules, JTime, and W2s are among the conventional pay papers that employees may view. Jcpassociates.com

20. Walmart International, Inc. is conducting this poll in an effort to raise the caliber of services it offers to its customers. This company surveys its consumers in an effort to gain a deeper knowledge of their experiences. Walmart Survey

• To set up your Univision TV service via the Univision Activate interface, follow the steps outlined in this article. In addition to other things, Univision provides news, sports, music, and movies. Univision Online

21. One of the top distributors of anime and other foreign media in North America is Funimation. Among the well-known series it has licensed are Assassination Classroom, Cowboy Bebop, Tokyo Ghoul, Code Geass, Fairy Tale, Assassination Classroom. Funimation.com/activate

• This will enable the business to raise the calibre of each product and service it provides as well as the general calibre of the services it provides. In order for consumers to think of Caribou whenever they sip coffee, they want them to identify the brand with the beverage. TellCaribou.com

22. McDonald’s leads the market in sales, with KFC coming in second with a focus on fried chicken. The fast-food franchise operated in several countries as of December . The KFC Customer Satisfaction Survey was initiated by the corporation to find out how its consumers feel about its offerings.

KFC Survey

23. Every business wants to hire new people while also keeping the ones it already has. Given the abundance of rivals offering clients better goods and services, it is not an easy task to complete. Home Depot Survey