Homecoming and Family Weekend on
Oct. 1 through 3 will feature the launch of the “You are Union”
campaign, fireworks on Library Field, and a special opportunity for members of
the Union family to “spell out” their love for the College.
“We expect a great weekend with
beautiful fall weather welcoming back more than 2,200 alumni, parents, family and friends of Union,” said Nick Famulare '92, director of alumni relations.
Friday's highlights include the
public launch of the “You Are Union” fundraising campaign to reach $200 million
over five years. Celebratory fireworks (courtesy of Steve Ente '75) are at 9 p.m. on Library Field.
Saturday at 10:30 a.m., the “You are Union”
celebration continues as members of the College community gather at Library
Field to spell out “UNION.” A photographer will record
the event from high above. Refreshments will be served, and all participants
will get a t-shirt.
A complete list of events is
available at http://www.union.edu/HFW.
Other highlights include:
- President's Welcome Reception:
Friday, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Reamer
Campus Center Patio.
- Admissions Open House: Saturday,
10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Grant Hall
- On-Campus Athletic Events:
- Football vs. Kings Point, Saturday, 1 p.m., Frank Bailey Field
- Men's soccer vs. Plattsburgh, Saturday 2:30 p.m., Garis Field
- Women's field hockey vs. Stevens Tech, Saturday, 5:30 p.m., Frank Bailey Field
- Alumni Council Meeting: Saturday, 9
a.m., Reamer Campus
- Parents Association Meeting: Saturday, 8:30 a.m., Strauss Lounge, Reamer Campus Center.
- Pre-Game Tailgate Picnic and
Carnival: Saturday, 11:30 a.m.,
- Fraternity and Minerva House Receptions (see schedule)
- Harvest Dinner for Alumni and
Parents: Saturday, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.,
Upperclass Dining, Reamer Campus
- Young Alumni Reception at Chet's: Saturday, 9 p.m.