Oceans and Marine Systems

Oceans cover the largest portion of Earth’s surface (71% of Earth’s surface is water and oceans makeup 96% of Earth’s water supply). It’s extremely important to consider and be concerned about our oceans and what climate change and human activity is inflicting upon them. Sea-level rise, ocean acidification, overfishing, pollution, ecological collapse, dead zones, and more. Within each of these larger problems are more sub-problems. Sea-level rise and polar ice caps melting, ocean acidification and the bio-pump, overfishing and bycatch, and pollution and micro plastics (the Pacific Garbage Patch is currently 1.6 million square kilometers). Humanity relies heavily on oceanic processes and marine resources, if more sustainable practices were used and enforced the ocean (and the global environment) wouldn’t be in such a compromised position. The ocean also acts as a HUGE carbon sink so not only do human lives revolve around the ocean in the literal resource sense but it is also taking in so much of the carbon humanity produces. The ocean can’t take in carbon forever, the effects of this are already been seen in phytoplankton and zooplankton, the ocean is becoming warmer and nutrient deficient which will have cascading effects on marine food chains.

16 thoughts on “Oceans and Marine Systems

1. Sydney, I think you make the issue of ocean acidification vivid in our minds, and I hope that we’re all thinking of ways to limit our carbon footprints individually, so perhaps we can set off a chain of reverse unintended consequences.

2. This makes me think of what the bayside of Cape Cod are experiencing in regards to the warmer waters. Seals are beginning to travel closer to land to feed which results in sharks also retreating towards land. Hence why we are hearing about more sharks on the Cape

3. I really thought that it was insightful about how you included the effects the ocean getting warmer had on the food chain within the ocean. I’ve heard about the oceans getting warmer a bit but I never really thought about it in that way. I wonder if this has any affect on sharks coming closer to shore on beaches in the northeast?

4. Climate change’s impact on the oceans is very interesting to me and I think you did a great job at explaining the long term issues the world may face if our oceans continue to slowly get destroyed.

5. I have read your post, it is very informative and helpful for me. I admire the valuable information you provide in your article. Thanks for posting it. Please visit the page fnaf security breach for moments of fun entertainment!

6. Thanks for reading along and for the kind words. It is a great website Tower Defense and a nice share. I want to thank you. Good job! You guys do a great blog and have some great content. Highly recommend!

7. I had just recently started hunting for Technology Website After six hours of nonstop Google searching, I eventually found it on your website. I’m curious as to why Google doesn’t place this kind of educational websites at the top of the list. Typically, the most popular websites are crammed with junk.

8. They influence weather patterns, absorb carbon dioxide, connections unlimited and generate oxygen, playing a critical role in maintaining the delicate balance of the global ecosystem. The sheer size and depth of oceans make them a fascinating subject of study, with vast areas still undiscovered and mysterious.

9. A Small World Cup has successfully carved a niche in the competitive world of mobile gaming by bringing the excitement of the FIFA World Cup to players worldwide. Its blend of realism, fantasy, and global connectivity creates a unique gaming experience that transcends geographical boundaries.

10. The Fnaf ‘s eerie atmosphere, jump scares, and challenging gameplay have made it a sensation among horror game enthusiasts. The series has since expanded to include multiple sequels, spin-offs, and even a novel and film adaptation.

11. Camel International Trading Limited is a well-established trading company known for its expertise in sourcing and exporting a diverse range of products. Specializing in electronics, household goods, and textiles, they are dedicated to delivering high-quality products to their global clientele.

12. The author warns that the ocean’s capacity to absorb carbon is not infinite, and the effects of this can already be observed in the decline of phytoplankton and zooplankton populations. As the ocean becomes warmer and nutrient-deficient, this will have cascading effects on marine food chains. The article ultimately calls for the adoption of more sustainable practices to protect the oceans and the global environment.khalidelarbi———-business for sale